With the aim of contributing to contemporary discussions that permeate the relationships between animals, humans and the environment, The Congress of the International Society of Applied Ethology (ISAE) will take place in the city of Curitiba, Paraná (Brazil) from July 22th to 26th, 2024, on the campus of Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná (PUCPR) and will have as its theme “Animals and society: Striking the right balance through Ethology" and will address the interrelationships of different scientific disciplines on the behavior of living systems in the environment, in different contexts with society.
The website www.isae2024brazil.com was created to meet the event's demands regarding the dissemination of information on the event's schedule (mini-courses, symposiums, etc.) and for the sale of these respective items to those interested in participating in the event.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Law, nº 13.709/18, this document was prepared to clarify how your personal data will be collected, used and shared by the event's organizing committee.
2. What data is collected:
We receive, collect and store the information you enter on our website by filling out forms. The purpose of this policy refers to the processing of your data, as well as the ways to contact us and exercise your rights.
For information and participation in the event, as well as for the sale of registrations, we need to collect, analyze and store some data about our users on the WIX Platform. Below, you can check the locations and fields that you will need to provide your data through the website:
● In the "contacts" section, we collect essential identification and questioning information provided by you, in order to return the requested response. They are: name, telephone and e-mail.
● In the “registrations” section, we collect information provided by you about the items to be acquired through the website (event registrations, mini-course, opening cocktail) for participation in ISAE 2024; they are: full name, CPF, full address, mobile phone, e-mail address, and payment details for completion and confirmation.
● In the “submissions” section, information arising from proposal submission forms is also transferred through our website and stored in Google Forms;
● We collect information that we are required or allowed by applicable law to ensure the processing of purchases, contacts and submissions. Such information is important for authentication, user identification or for the verification and evaluation of the information collected;
● We also collect information from documents attached together with any type of interaction through our website sent by you, in addition to any other personal information that is sent to us through the website (WIX Platform) or other communication channels (Google Forms).
3. Use of personal information:
The Personal Data collected will be used to confirm purchases, support and security of our users when accessing our website, including:
● Access permission to purchased items and services;
● Sending informative communications regarding the items purchased available on the website www.isae2024.com;
● Sending email notifications as requested;
● Responding to questions or comments submitted;
● Maintaining the security of our website and platforms used to prevent fraud; It is
● Verification of compliance with the terms and conditions governing access to documents, forms, instructions and payment items for participation in the ISAE 2024, present on our website.
If you do not wish to receive informational communications about the ISAE 2024, you may request to stop sending this type of communication.
4. Storage of personal information and retention period:
The data collected will be processed to comply with our legal obligations regarding the storage of our users' personal information. We undertake to take the necessary technical and organizational precautions to avoid the loss, misuse or alteration of your data, which will be stored on the WIX Platform. In addition, all information sent through our website and platforms will be protected by encryption in accordance with the rules of the WIX Platform.
The period of time during which personal data is stored and maintained varies according to the purpose for which each information is processed. Thus, whenever there is no specific legal requirement, the data will be stored and kept only for the minimum period necessary to carry out the processes related to your participation in the ISAE 2024, under the terms defined by law.
You may request and at any time have access to the personal data that has been shared by you and that is stored. We are committed to providing your personal information as quickly as possible, respecting, in any case, the provisions of current legislation.
The data subject has the right to withdraw them at any time, although this right does not compromise the lawfulness of the treatment carried out based on the previously given consent nor the subsequent treatment of the same data based on another legal basis, as is the case of compliance of the contract, of any legal obligation of the ISAE 2024 to process it.
Without prejudice to the provisions of the LGPD, the holder of the personal data may rectify, update, limit or remove their data upon written request through the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Disclosure of personal information:
We will not disclose your personal information provided to the website. However, we may share information for the organization of ISAE 2024 such as programming, logistics, etc. We may also provide personal information to travel, food, and accommodation partner sponsors from which the informant benefited, for the sole and exclusive purpose of rendering accounts by the ISAE 2024 Organizing Committee, considering that they may be intermediaries of payments and third-party servers.
By participating in person at ISAE 2024, you agree that this information, together with the name and profile picture registered on the platform, may be disclosed and used by ISAE 2024 for advertising purposes, including comments or evaluations about ISAE 2024, granting a free authorization and within the limits of the legislation, for the dissemination of image and content inserted for any advertising material, form of communication or legal and/or regulatory process.
Personal data collected through our website is stored on the WIX and Google digital platform.
All norms, laws, certificates and guarantees of information security are observed both by us and by the owners of the WIX and Google servers, with the aim of preserving secrecy and privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Law.
The ISAE 2024 Organizing Committee takes every precaution to protect the personal information of users under our control and relies on the security of the WIX Platform and Google to do so as well.
However, the transmission of information via the Internet can be insecure, as it travels through different service providers. In this way, you recognize that it is not possible to guarantee the completeness of the data sent via the internet. With that in mind, it is important that you protect your login, password, computers, devices and applications from unauthorized access.
Website cookies allocated on the WIX Platform, which are files created by the platform itself that store browsing habits and other information and help customize the holder's access.
The following Cookies are used:
● Geolocation: indicate the location of the user accessing the ISAE 2024 website, allowing the control and customization of advertisements according to regions.
● Survey Interactions: They store information filled in forms and surveys.
Cookies normally do not contain any information that can personally identify the user, but the personal information that the WIX Platform stores about our users may be linked to information stored and obtained through cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and also to delete cookies already stored on your computer. However, blocking all cookies or deleting cookies already stored on your computer may have a negative impact on browsing our website, as well as on the use of all available resources.
11. Contacts and Clarification of Doubts:
In case of doubt about the points presented here, please contact us through the following e-mail address email@example.com, or through the service channels available on the website in the “Contact” tab.